Hot tubs are available in myriad shapes and sizes; however, there are typical dimensions to consider if you are planning for a hot tub installation. Choosing the perfect size for your setting and lifestyle is key to maximize your hot tub enjoyment.
For optimal sizing, here’s what you need to know.
Top three hot tub sizes
Typically, hot tubs are available in three main sizes: small, medium and large. Small hot tubs comfortably accommodate two to four people. Medium hot tubs are ideal for five to six people. Large hot tubs are usually suitable for seven or eight adults; however, the largest hot tubs can accommodate up to 12 people. Following are the typical dimensions for each of these sizes:
- Small (two to four people): 5’4” to 7’ in length; 5’4 to 6’8” in width; 29” to 35” height
- Medium (five to six people): 6’6” to 7’9” in length; 6’4” to 7’9” in width; 33” to 5” in height
- Large (seven to eight people): 7’ to 9’ in length; 7’ to 9’2” in width; 36” to 38” height
Top considerations for hot tub dimensions
As you decide which hot tub size is best for you, keep two important things in mind. First, how do you plan to use your hot tub? Will you use it mostly for personal relaxation? Do you plan to entertain frequently in your hot tub? Second, consider who will be using your hot tub. Teens? Larger adults who need more space?
The answers to these questions should guide your decision on hot tub dimensions. You’ll want to have plenty of space for the type of use you plan for your hot tub.
Once you’ve considered how you want to use your hot tub, it is crucial to consider three other factors. These will help determine the final dimensions of your hot tub:
- Location: Where do you plan to install the hot tub? Make sure the space is large enough for the size of hot tub you have in mind. Don’t forget to consider any weight limitations as well. You’ll also need enough room to remove and replace the hot tub cover between uses.
- Delivery: Not only do you need enough space in the spa’s installation location, you also need clearance for the delivery of the hot tub. Is there a clear path to reach the hot tub’s destination? Are there any gates, fences or tree branches that might obstruct the path? Consult with your hot tub dealer to determine what kind of clearance will be required based on their delivery equipment.
- Installation: The dimensions of your hot tub will affect your preparations for installation. You must have a strong foundation in place that will support the hot tub before it can be installed. For some hot tubs, a concrete slab is necessary. Others have specific weight support requirements per square foot. Check with your hot tub supplier to ensure you can provide the necessary support to safely install the hot tub size you desire.
We have the perfect hot tub for you
Family-owned and -operated, Alcoe offers a complete line of hot tubs to suit every setting. We specialize in the sales, installation and service of hot tubs of every size. Stop in our inviting showroom today to check out our incredible options.
Categorised in: Hot Tubs