Thinking about getting a hot tub? Here’s the good news: you can’t go wrong when buying one. Hot tubs are renowned for being relaxing, but they also provide specific health and wellbeing benefits. If you have fantasies about unwinding and enjoying your evenings in a hot tub, year-round, read on: your dreams might be closer than you think.
Here are some of the top health and wellbeing benefits a hot tub can offer:
- Hot water helps stress and anxiety: Whether you already spend a lot of time in a hot tub or you’re just a fan of hot baths, you probably already know how hot water helps stress and anxiety. Settling into a giant tub of hot water often makes people sigh in relief. It’s comforting and pleasurable—plus, it’s proven to help ease stress and anxiety. Let your cares and worries bubble away with your hot tub jets.
- Improve your sleep: Did you know that a hot tub soak can improve your sleep? If you regularly take a dip in your hot tub, you can enjoy the benefits of better sleep all the time. On top of the stress and anxiety reduction benefits, immersing yourself in hot water is good for the sleep-inducing hormones you need to get a good night’s rest. When you get out of the tub, your rapidly cooling temperature sends a signal to your brain that it’s time to sleep. Just turn the lights out and enjoy the best sleep of your life.
- Be in a better mood: In addition to reducing stress and anxiety, and improving your sleep, hot tubs just help improve your mood. When you’re more relaxed, your brain and body are better able to handle any challenges. That could be anything from finding your teenager ate the last box of cereal, to learning your boss needs you to stay late all next week. Taking a dip in your hot tub is scientifically proven to help reduce anger, stress and other mood-altering symptoms.
- Reduce your physical pain: It’s not all about mood—although that’s a big part of the hot tub experience. Taking regular dips in your hot tub can also reduce your physical pain. Anyone who enjoys their time at the gym knows how important recovery can be. You simply can’t go back and lift weights, do cardio or enjoy endurance training without some time in between. That’s why so many gyms have hot tubs and saunas. Taking some time in your hot tub will improve your circulation and help you recover faster.
- Balance hormones: Finally, hot tubs can help balance hormones. Not only does the hot water improve your blood circulation and relax your breathing, but it can also trigger the release of “happy” hormones, like serotonin and dopamine. Feel happier and stay healthier when you own a hot tub.
If you’re thinking about investing in a hot tub, call or pay a visit to Alcoe today. We have a number of hot tubs and swim spas that can suit your needs.
Categorised in: Hot Tubs