Are you one of the millions of Americans who struggle with the pain of arthritis? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly one fourth of American adults have been given a diagnosis of arthritis. You’re not alone in your suffering—and you’re not without solutions. Fortunately, simple relief is available from hot tubs in Lubbock, TX.
This might sound too good to be true. Can you really enjoy a relaxing hot tub and reduce your arthritis pain at the same time? Yes! This environment is ideal for soothing arthritis. Read on to discover how hot tubs in Lubbock, TX can offer arthritis relief.
For centuries, aching bodies have been turning to warm, soothing waters for relief. Warm water therapy is a trusted method to help sufferers of arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions. This method works wonders due to three key conditions:
- Buoyancy: Hot tubs in Lubbock, TX offer the weightlessness you need to take the pressure off your joints. Gravity is constantly working against you as you walk, sit and perform other tasks. This force puts stress on your joints that inflames your arthritis. In the hot tub, the water lifts this weight and removes the stress.
- Circulation: The warm water of the hot tub in Lubbock, TX can increase circulation. When your body can circulate blood and oxygen more efficiently, you feel better. Your joints and limbs receive the nutrients they need and are less likely to ache or cramp.
- Inflammation: The word “arthritis” stems from the Greek word “arthron” (joint) and the suffix “-itis” (inflammation of). It literally means inflammation of the joint. The soothing waters of hot tubs in Lubbock, TX can help decrease swelling and inflammation, effectively reducing arthritis symptoms.
Getting the Most from Hot Tubs in Lubbock, TX
To relieve arthritis pain, doctors recommend exercise, joint protection, stretching and paced activities. Hot tubs in Lubbock, TX can provide each of these. Use the following guidelines to get the most from your hot tub activities:
- Stretching: A brief soak in the hot tub is a great way to limber up before exercise, after working out or simply to relieve arthritis pain. The stretching exercises improve your flexibility, loosen joints and protect you from injury while exercising. Use your hot tub in Lubbock, TX to complete simple stretching exercises that will improve your overall health.
- Exercise: Improving the strength of your muscles can help relieve pressure from joints, which can in turn reduce arthritis pain. Use your hot tub in Lubbock, TX to complete water resistance exercises that provide a low-impact, strength-building workout. The steady, controlled movements deliver an effective workout and pain relief in one package.
- Temperature: Keep your hot tub in Lubbock, TX at a healthy temperature for arthritis pain relief. The water should be maintained at temperatures between 92 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and you should never heat the water to above 104 degrees.
Are you ready to soak your aching joints in a hot tub in Lubbock, TX? For great arthritis relief opportunities, contact the team at Alcoe. We specialize in the sales, installation and service of spas, hot tubs and swim spas, to deliver the relief you need.
Categorised in: Hot Tub Tips